- Father Lay Minister Cutié gave his first sermon as an Episcopalian, and apparently his old Church is a little pissed he's made such a big deal about the switch. [USAToday]
- No, but seriously. It's not a good week for the Catholic Church in Miami. They'll be closing 13 churches. [Herald]
- An amber alert had been issued for a two year old boy, but authorities have found the child with his mother. [CBS4]
- The Florida Democrats had a big fancy party at the Fontainebleau. [JaxObserver]
- The Wizard of Claws, a mega pet store that used puppy mills, has filed for bankruptcy. [NBCMiami]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.