- Fight at Miami City Hall. During a budget meeting, Mayor Manny Diaz said Commissioner Tomas Regalado had taken a cheap shot at him. Regalado said the mayor has been living like "the mayor of Beverly Hills." Diaz then reminded the commissioner that his office once spent $25,000 for coffee. Anyway, the city decided to keep the tax rate flat for now. [Herald]
- Two 15-year-old boys were shot outside a Burger King in North Miami. One died, the other is still at Jackson Memorial. [Herald]
- A public works employee got stuck in a sewer in North Miami. It took the combined effort of more than 30 people to get him out, but he's safe now. [CBS4]
- Just for good measure, Randy Shannon wants everyone to know Jacory Harris's arm is just fine and that the team is ready to take on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets next week. [ESPN]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Michael Pizzi Back in as Mayor of Miami Lakes After Wayne Slaton Steps Down
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Car Insurance in Miami-Dade Is 54 Percent More Expensive Than the Rest of Florida
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"