- Fight at Miami City Hall. During a budget meeting, Mayor Manny Diaz said Commissioner Tomas Regalado had taken a cheap shot at him. Regalado said the mayor has been living like "the mayor of Beverly Hills." Diaz then reminded the commissioner that his office once spent $25,000 for coffee. Anyway, the city decided to keep the tax rate flat for now. [Herald]
- Two 15-year-old boys were shot outside a Burger King in North Miami. One died, the other is still at Jackson Memorial. [Herald]
- A public works employee got stuck in a sewer in North Miami. It took the combined effort of more than 30 people to get him out, but he's safe now. [CBS4]
- Just for good measure, Randy Shannon wants everyone to know Jacory Harris's arm is just fine and that the team is ready to take on the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets next week. [ESPN]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Marco Rubio on Cecil the Lion: "But What About Abortion?"
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
Thu., Aug. 6, 6:35pm
- Dolphins Bring Back Old Logo and Throwback Uniforms for One Game
- Hillary Clinton to Speak at FIU on Friday (She's Just Not Sure If You're Invited or Not)