- A tragic High School shooting in Ft. Lauderdale. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Carvalho is going to save the schools, not by spending lots of effort and finding new teaching methods or anything. He's just going to lower expectations. [Herald]
- Bill Nelson is one of the Democratic Senators pushing leadership to let Joe Lieberman keep his chairmanship of the the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. Problem is Lieberman agrees with the Republicans in most matters of homeland security, war policy and foreign affairs. Oh, and he supported John McCain. [Politico]
- Recently laid off workers seeking unemployment benefits have reached their highest level in about 7 years. [CBS4]
- But hey, someone's hiring. [Local 10]
- Do you need Scarface over-intellectualized? Then there's a new book for you.[Salon]
- Hurricane games at Dolphin Stadium are struggling to attract fans. [USA Today]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- South Beach Tow's Bernice Named Florida's First Female High School Football...
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 7:30pm
- MLB Player Delmon Young Threatened to Kill a Brickell Valet, Went on Anti-Cuban Rant
- Poll: In Florida Rubio Moves to Second, While Sanders Remains Niche