- A tragic High School shooting in Ft. Lauderdale. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Carvalho is going to save the schools, not by spending lots of effort and finding new teaching methods or anything. He's just going to lower expectations. [Herald]
- Bill Nelson is one of the Democratic Senators pushing leadership to let Joe Lieberman keep his chairmanship of the the Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. Problem is Lieberman agrees with the Republicans in most matters of homeland security, war policy and foreign affairs. Oh, and he supported John McCain. [Politico]
- Recently laid off workers seeking unemployment benefits have reached their highest level in about 7 years. [CBS4]
- But hey, someone's hiring. [Local 10]
- Do you need Scarface over-intellectualized? Then there's a new book for you.[Salon]
- Hurricane games at Dolphin Stadium are struggling to attract fans. [USA Today]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Trio Who Stole 150 Pigeons From Kendale Lakes Farm Sought By Police
Tue., May 26, 6:35 p.m.
Wed., May 27, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., May 28, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 1 p.m.
- All Aboard Florida Trips Between Miami and Orlando Will Cost About $143
- Teen Girl Asks Cop If She Can Keep a Little Bit of the Pot He Found on Her