- McCain more than doubled Obama's fundraising haul in Florida last month. A significant portion came in during the days after he announced Palin as his running mate. Nationally, Obama outraised McCain by a wide margin. [McClatchy]
- Speaking of Palin. No one is quite sure just how large the crowd was at her first Florida appearance. Yeah, we're not very good at counting in this state. [Creative Loafing]
- And why would we be, since numbers are so mind-boggling? The latest poll shows Obama with a slight lead in the State. [Naked Politics]
- Florida is the least affordable state for renters, and South Florida is the worst area in the state. This is why I survive mainly on raman and generic cereals. [CBS 4]
- Joe Garcia debuts his first television ad. It's about the economy, stupid. [Naked Politics]
- Miami-based home-building giant Lennar reported losses of $89 million this quarter. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.