- City of Miami employees are allowed to "bank hours" and then cash them in. Some employees have made more than $80,000 from not taking vacation days. [CBS4]
- But the city is apparently taking aim at the pay and perks of firefighters in order to balance the budget. [Herald]
- A 77-year-old South Miami-Dade man slipped and accidently shot himself in the chest. He's alive and in stable condition. [Herald]
- Underwater hockey is apparently a real thing. [Herald]
- Fidel's sister is writing a book about him. [NBCMiami]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.