- A jury convicted 21-year-old Guillermo Zarabozo for his part in the Joe Cool murders. He'll likely spend the rest of his life in jail. [AP]
- A 28-year-old man fell to his death from a traffic sign catwalk onto the Palmetto Expressway, possibly while attempting to spray-paint graffiti. [Herald]
- Could South Florida finally get the mass transit system it deserves? [Sun-Sentinel]
- Flasher alert! Beware of being ambushed by a random penis in Surfside. [Herald]
- Governor Crist will release his budget recommendations, after a lengthy wait. [NBC6]
- The King o' Spain is coming to Miami today. [NBC6]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.