- Oh great. The Judicial Nominating Committee may have given Charlie Crist the "diverse," ultra-right wing nominee he was looking for. [Naked Politics]
- Some hair salon filed a lawsuit to disband Miami's downtown development authority. [SFBJ]
- Some kid up in Hallandale decided to steal a hearse, only to be shot and wounded by police. [SunSent]
- Carvalho is nervous about this budget deficit, and doesn't want education to take the brunt of more cuts. [Local 10]
- In breaking puppy news: 7 children will be awarded for helping to save a puppy that fell into a sewer drain. [Herald]
- Lennar, the locally based home builder, reported its seventh straight loss. [Bloomberg]
- Raising cigarette taxes might not make much of a difference for the state's poor financial situation. [TCPalm]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident