- Some county commissioners want to cut Mayor Alvarez's budget next year after revelations that some staff members make more than President Obama's people. [Herald]
- In other embattled mayor news, Manny Diaz has scheduled a second vote on Miami 21 for September 4. [SFBJ]
- A 13-year-old boy in North Dade was driving a go-kart when he crashed into a Dodge Durango and died. [CBS4]
- Miami-Dade budget cuts might lead to the end of DARE, the student drug abuse prevention program that also makes highly prized ironic T-shirts. [CBS4]
- Meanwhile, Coral Gables is mulling over the idea of cutting police salaries, and cops are none to happy about it. [CBS4]
- Police are on the lookout for a man who robbed parishioners at gunpoint in a Liberty City church. [CBS4]
- Yesterday, the Miami Dolphins sent eight players packing, including Ernest Wilford. [Herald]
- The UM offensive coordinator talks about the upcoming season and says sometimes he can be a good daddy, a very good daddy, and sometimes he can be a bad daddy, a very bad daddy. [ESPN]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
Tue., April 28, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., April 30, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident