- Pet robbery: "When one of the women started stuffing chihuahua puppies into a black bag, store employee Rafael Sanchez, 32, noticed and approached her." [Herald]
- Miami is the sexiest city in America according to trip advisor. Don't let it go to your head. Oops, too late. [SFBJ]
- "The vote to terminate the allegedly incompetent [CIP] manager was unanimous.
But for the five months since her dismissal, Richardson has continued to draw her full executive director's salary of $168,000 a year, an $800 a month car allowance, and a $200 a month cell phone allowance." [CBS4]
- Mel Martinez is ready to take another shot at Immigration reform. [NakedPolitics]
- Dan Gelber scored an endorsement from Betty Castor. [Buzz]
- A Sunbear get his tooth fixed at the metrozoo. [CBS4]
- FIU students balk at the idea of renaming their campus for former president Modesto Maidique. Can't they just build a new building and name it after him? Oh, right money. How about a nice bench? [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.