- Pet robbery: "When one of the women started stuffing chihuahua puppies into a black bag, store employee Rafael Sanchez, 32, noticed and approached her." [Herald]
- Miami is the sexiest city in America according to trip advisor. Don't let it go to your head. Oops, too late. [SFBJ]
- "The vote to terminate the allegedly incompetent [CIP] manager was unanimous.
But for the five months since her dismissal, Richardson has continued to draw her full executive director's salary of $168,000 a year, an $800 a month car allowance, and a $200 a month cell phone allowance." [CBS4]
- Mel Martinez is ready to take another shot at Immigration reform. [NakedPolitics]
- Dan Gelber scored an endorsement from Betty Castor. [Buzz]
- A Sunbear get his tooth fixed at the metrozoo. [CBS4]
- FIU students balk at the idea of renaming their campus for former president Modesto Maidique. Can't they just build a new building and name it after him? Oh, right money. How about a nice bench? [Herald]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.