- The Herald just straight up said the long early voting lines are State Republican's fault. [Herald]
- Gawker says "nutty conservative weather-obsessed Miami queen blogger" Matt Drudge is soooooo over. Gawker itself has been called sooooo over a million times before. That is just something powerful bloggers do, call each other irrelevant, and maybe if we work hard enough, God willing, someone will call Riptide irrelevant, some day. [Gawker]
- A PTA President stole money from a chocolate sale fundraiser, allegedly. NBC 6 says "it left a bitter taste" in parents' mouths. There has to be a better joke, but it is too early to think of one. [NBC6]
- Joan Fleischman says a circuit Judge David Miller "battered" fellow judge Maria Espinosa Dennis. [Herald]
- The RNC spent more than $150k on clothes for Sarah Palin and her family, including $75k at a Neiman Marcus and $49k at Saks. Why can't she be more thrifty? Hillary bought her pantsuits in bulk from Costco. [Politico]
- Some guy in Dania Beach stole a stick of deodorant with a BB gun, and will have the worst story to tell in prison ever. [NBC6]
- The Heat finally won a pre-season game against the Memphis Grizzlies, who honestly we forgot were even a team. [CP]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- South Beach Tow's Bernice Named Florida's First Female High School Football...
Fri., Feb. 12, 7:30pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 6:00pm
Sat., Feb. 13, 7:00pm
Mon., Feb. 15, 7:30pm
- MLB Player Delmon Young Threatened to Kill a Brickell Valet, Went on Anti-Cuban Rant
- Poll: In Florida Rubio Moves to Second, While Sanders Remains Niche