What's in the papers and on the news today -- and why you care:
- A former Miami-Dade Police officer was sentenced to eight years in prison after fleeing the scene of a fatal accident. Aren't cops supposed to know how the law works? [Local 10]
- Names are already being mentioned as to who will replace Rudy Crew. [Herald]. The most interesting are former schools chief Octavio Visiedo and Mercedes Toural, a Crew critic who seemed to be on the fast track before the big fella took the post.
- The NFL isn't exactly thrilled with Chad Ocho Cinco's new name. They say there's some issues to work out before they officially recognize him by the new moniker. [WIOD]
- Hurricane Ike claims four lives in Cuba. [CBS 4]
, Couldn't they have given the damn storm a name that doesn't sound like a convict?
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Erika Now Projected To Miss South Florida
Thu., Sep. 3, 6:35pm
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys