- The Florida Legislature is getting worried about the budget. There could be a deficit of as much as $2 billion this fiscal year. [Local10]
- A Broward High School swim coach is arrested on child pornography charges. Who knew a guy who spends his free time around a bunch of teenagers in speedos would be that kind of guy? [WPTV]
- Charlie Crist wants to raise tuition at all state universities by 15%. [CBS4]
- Miami-Dade County's Planning Advisory Board voted 7-3 to move back the Urban Development Line for a new suburb. [Herald]
- Manny Diaz's name is still one of the most buzzed about for HUD. [WaPo]
- Burn Notice may not be coming back to Coconut Grove for a third season.[Miami Today]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.