- Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart secured a $2m contract for a firm that also did business with Venezuela. October Surprise? Not quite. [Herald]
- Five Miami-Dade schools face closure if they don't get atleast a C on their FCAT score. I still don't understand the thinking behind this at all. Thanks Jeb. [Herald]
- Math teacher arrested for exposing himself on his webcam to cops posing as teenage girls. [Local 10]
- I thought I was joking about McCain calling his campaign "The Joe the Plumber World Tour,". Apparently he really has a "Joe the Plumber bus tour," and it's coming to Florida. [Herald]
- A look at the negative effects Amendment 2 could have on seniors. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.