- A Hialeah teacher admitted to having an affair with her 15 year old student. She took him on a sexy trip to Disney World. [NBCMiami]
- The Miami Circle may soon open to the public. [NBCMiami]
- The New York Times came down to Miami to get the reaction of Hispanics to the Sotomayor nomination, and got this: "Other Hispanics also lamented that the first Supreme Court justice of Hispanic ancestry did not have roots in their own community. Here in Miami, Ana de Pozo, 24, finished her rice and beans at El Palacio de Los Jugos, and said, 'We are waiting now for a Cuban.'" Meanwhile, I'm waiting for the next (first?) Austrian-American justice. Oh, wait actually I don't care. [NYTimes]
- Two employees of a Miami Beach firm pleaded guilty to selling the Government repackaged Chinese artillery. [NYTimes]
- Several Catholic churches in South Florida may be closed in order for the Archdiocese to save money. [Herald]
- Randy Starks' lawyer think the police charges are ludicrous. We think it's ludicrous Starks was driving a semi-tractor down Ocean Drive. [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.