- What... the...? Slot machines at MIA? Like that airport needs to be any more of a circus than it already is. [Herald]
- Miami-Dade commissioners have no problem with Carrie Meek representing Wackenhut and the county, even while the two are in a legal dispute. [Herald]
- Adam Tavss, the Miami Beach Police officer involved in two shootings, was once accused of domestic abuse. [NBCMiami]
- Donte' Stallworth might have been smoking marijuana when he drove his Bentley into that man and killed him. [Herald]
- The FDA might ban Vicodin and Percocet, which would take care of those Broward pain pill pits pretty quickly. [NYTimes]
- A plane heading from Miami to NYC hit a bird in midair but landed safely. [CBS4]
- The county and Marlins agree on matters of stadium financing. [Herald]
- An FIU grad was robbed at gunpoint on campus. [Herald]
- 152 new state laws took affect today. [FCN]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Men Robbing a 7-Eleven Scared Away by Oven Timer
Fri., May 29, 6 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 7 p.m.
Sat., May 30, 1 p.m.
- Yuri Sucart: A-Rod's Half Brother Tied To Undercover Biogenesis Sting
- Rappers Should Lead Protests Against Police, Not Pop Bottles In VIP Sections