- Unemployment is the highest it's been in 14 years. [CBS4]
- Oh, hells no! They want to raise the Alligator Alley toll to $3.75, and then at a rate of 3% or inline with inflation every year. [Herald]
- It's been two years since the murder of UM football player Bryan Pata, and very little progress has been made in solving the case. [Herald]
- Everyone involved in the McCain campaign is angry, and ratting each other out to journalists, and basically blaming Sarah Palin for everything. Somehow this has lead to conservatives boycotting Fox News. [Wonkette]
- Doctors may have inadvertently cured someone with AIDS after transplanting bone marrow with a mutated gene. Still a long way from a universal cure though. [WSJ]
- Behind the scenes election night pictures of Barack Obama [Flickr]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.