- It was so exciting to get back in the playoffs, until we remembered that the Dolphins are not too lucky in the playoffs. They lost to the Ravens 27-9. [AP]
- But, hey, Bill Parcells isn't going anywhere. [AP]
- Thousands of shoes magically showed up on the Palmetto Expressway. My guess is that Cuba tried to build a shoe bomb to hurl at George W. Bush, but it undershot miserably. [WaPo]
- Randy Shannon apparently decided to be a little less of a dick to Robert Marve, but he still won't be playing for UF anytime soon. [MSNBC]
- Manny Diaz pretty much won't be getting an Obama job anytime soon, and I really shouldn't be the one pointing out typos, but apparently he is a "long short." [Herald]
- The state legislature's special session starts today. They will nervously search through all the couches in the capitol looking for enough change to fill the $2.3 billion budget gap. [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.