- It was so exciting to get back in the playoffs, until we remembered that the Dolphins are not too lucky in the playoffs. They lost to the Ravens 27-9. [AP]
- But, hey, Bill Parcells isn't going anywhere. [AP]
- Thousands of shoes magically showed up on the Palmetto Expressway. My guess is that Cuba tried to build a shoe bomb to hurl at George W. Bush, but it undershot miserably. [WaPo]
- Randy Shannon apparently decided to be a little less of a dick to Robert Marve, but he still won't be playing for UF anytime soon. [MSNBC]
- Manny Diaz pretty much won't be getting an Obama job anytime soon, and I really shouldn't be the one pointing out typos, but apparently he is a "long short." [Herald]
- The state legislature's special session starts today. They will nervously search through all the couches in the capitol looking for enough change to fill the $2.3 billion budget gap. [Herald]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.