- Jaclyn Torrealba's father says he didn't consider DJ Seasunz to be her boyfriend, and said he tried to talk his daughter out of the relationship. He also doesn't believe the rumor that Torrealba had aborted a fetus conceived with Seasunz. [Crimesider]
- The Sun-Sentinel will become noticeably slimmer next year. The width of the paper will be trimmed to 44 inches. Ugh, the previous 46 inches lined the bottom of my bird cage perfectly. [News&Tech]
- Here's a puff piece about the Dolphins' cavalcade of celeb owners. [USAToday]
- More important, though, RB Patrick Cobb is out for the season. [AFP]
- A Miami Beach charter school faces closure. [Herald]
- A Surfside man was running from a loose Rottweiler when he got hit by a bus. Which just goes to show you: Always look both ways while crossing the street, even when you're running from vicious animals. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Trump Sues Univision for a Half-Billion Dollars, Proves He's Totally Unfit for the...
- U.S.-Cuban Embassies May Be Reopening, but Appointing an Ambassador Might Become a Fight
- Heat Signs Dragic to Five-Year, $90-Million Deal; Still Pursuing Wade