- Hurricane Ida is heading for the Gulf of Mexico. [CBS4]
- A pilot is dead after crashing his small plane in the Everglades last night. [NBCMiami]
- Marco Rubio's record in the State House isn't nearly as conservative as he'd have you believe. It's almost like it's difficult to be a true conservative in this state, because perhaps, the voters of Florida are not truly conservatives. [SPTimes]
- Rubio also says he's a hard liner on immigration, but blocked a lot of hardline immigration bills as speaker. [SPTimes]
- Charlie Crist on the effects in conservative circles of his man-hug with Barack Obama: "I don't know that the photograph was helpful." [SPTimes]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.