- Hurricane Ida is heading for the Gulf of Mexico. [CBS4]
- A pilot is dead after crashing his small plane in the Everglades last night. [NBCMiami]
- Marco Rubio's record in the State House isn't nearly as conservative as he'd have you believe. It's almost like it's difficult to be a true conservative in this state, because perhaps, the voters of Florida are not truly conservatives. [SPTimes]
- Rubio also says he's a hard liner on immigration, but blocked a lot of hardline immigration bills as speaker. [SPTimes]
- Charlie Crist on the effects in conservative circles of his man-hug with Barack Obama: "I don't know that the photograph was helpful." [SPTimes]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.