- H1N1 vaccines will be administered in South Florida beginning Monday, with a news conference scheduled today to fill in details. [CBS4]
- You know it's a slow news morning when NBCMiami's main story is about a manatee that traveled all the way to Manhattan. [NBCMiami]
- Let's see what the Herald's working with: Oh, a story about seniors "scrimping" because they don't get a Social Security raise this year. [Herald]
- The Port of Miami tunnel was cleared and might actually happen. Now we just have to wait two years for a "giant tunnel-digging machine." [Herald]
- Randy Shannon, one of the few black coaches in major college football, is an inspiration to other African-American coaches waiting in the trenches. [OSent]
- Guess which Riptide obsession objects sing along in the latest episode of "Auto-Tune the News"? No, seriously, guess. Oh, OK, fine, we'll tell you: Alan Grayson and Hugo Chávez. [YouTube]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Fortress-Like Art Museum to Be Approved for Biscayne Boulevard
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Jeb Bush Reminds World the Only Thing "Conservative" About Donald Trump Is His Fear of...
- Miami Cop Pulled Suspect From Jail, Dumped Him on Street to Avoid Paperwork