- Booze and boobs. They just go together, but Miami Beach won't let their only strip club have a liquor license. The owner plans to sue the city. [Herald]
- South Florida has the worst inflation in the entire country (that's economic inflation, not anything else if you're still caught up in that last story) [Sun-Sentinel]
- Mario Diaz-Balart calls for Joe Garcia to return campaign contributions from embattled congressman Charles Rangel. Naturally, Diaz-Balart has accepted contributions from shady characters as well. [Herald]
- The search for a new superintendent of schools takes months in most school districts, but here it took about five seconds. Some eyebrows and concerns have been raised. [NBC 6]
- The Federal government will bail out AIG. [CBS 4]
- Is there a Pulitzer for coverage of wacky traffic stories that perfectly illustrate the tragicomedy that is life? [Herald, & Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.