- Booze and boobs. They just go together, but Miami Beach won't let their only strip club have a liquor license. The owner plans to sue the city. [Herald]
- South Florida has the worst inflation in the entire country (that's economic inflation, not anything else if you're still caught up in that last story) [Sun-Sentinel]
- Mario Diaz-Balart calls for Joe Garcia to return campaign contributions from embattled congressman Charles Rangel. Naturally, Diaz-Balart has accepted contributions from shady characters as well. [Herald]
- The search for a new superintendent of schools takes months in most school districts, but here it took about five seconds. Some eyebrows and concerns have been raised. [NBC 6]
- The Federal government will bail out AIG. [CBS 4]
- Is there a Pulitzer for coverage of wacky traffic stories that perfectly illustrate the tragicomedy that is life? [Herald, & Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Fourth Man Pleads Guilty in Sean Taylor Murder, Sentenced to 30 Years
- Miami's Traffic Has Gotten Worse in the Past Year, Still Seventh-Worst in U.S.
- Killian High Stabbing Suspect Sued Former School Over Football Player Rape Allegations
- After Toxic Cleanup, Runaway Equipment Spoils Merrie Christmas Park Reopening