- Surprise, surprise! Politicians who were in favor of easing sanctions on Cuba changed their minds once they got big donations from the U.S.-Cuba Democracy Political Action Committee. [Herald]
- City of Miami politics sucks so much, sort of like a vacuum. So now there is a vacuum of power, if you will, that Mayor Tomas Regalado might be able to fill to his liking. [Herald]
- Here is a suggestion: Charlie Crist hire Heather Locklear to be a member of his campaign staff. [Herald]
- University of Miami was put on lockdown early Sunday morning after a student reported seeing two men with guns. However, they were never found. [CBS4]
- A 28-year-old FIU law student has been missing for two weeks. He was last seen inside a CiCi's Pizza with a friend when a policeman entered. He told his friends: "They're coming to get me," and took off on foot. [CBS4]
- The Miami Hurricanes got whooped in North Carolina, 24-33. You can thank four interceptions, two of which were returned for touch downs. [AllCanes]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.