- Surprise, surprise! Politicians who were in favor of easing sanctions on Cuba changed their minds once they got big donations from the U.S.-Cuba Democracy Political Action Committee. [Herald]
- City of Miami politics sucks so much, sort of like a vacuum. So now there is a vacuum of power, if you will, that Mayor Tomas Regalado might be able to fill to his liking. [Herald]
- Here is a suggestion: Charlie Crist hire Heather Locklear to be a member of his campaign staff. [Herald]
- University of Miami was put on lockdown early Sunday morning after a student reported seeing two men with guns. However, they were never found. [CBS4]
- A 28-year-old FIU law student has been missing for two weeks. He was last seen inside a CiCi's Pizza with a friend when a policeman entered. He told his friends: "They're coming to get me," and took off on foot. [CBS4]
- The Miami Hurricanes got whooped in North Carolina, 24-33. You can thank four interceptions, two of which were returned for touch downs. [AllCanes]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.