- 20-year-old Lance Cpl. Nelson M. Lantigua of Miami died Tuesday in Iraq. 4,264 American troops have died there so far. [Herald]
- Kendrick Meek is going to qualify for Senate by petition, just because he wants to. [CBS4]
- City of Miami went through with the bailout for Jungle Island. [Herald]
- Oh no, you guys. Serena beat Venus to get to the finals of the Sony Ericsson Open. We were hoping for a Venus upset. Older siblings of the world, unite! [CNN]
- I guess Venus's loss is made up for by the total upset Juan Martín del Potro pulled over Rafael Nadal. Roger Federer is ecstatic right now, btw. [AFP]
- Miami FC, a supposed professional soccer team, says it will play its first game in Fort Lauderdale. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.