- The University of Miami is not immune to the recession. President Shalala outlines a contingency plan for the next to years aimed at lowering spending. The school has had a hiring freeze in place since December, but Shalala promises no large layoffs. [Hurricane]
- The School Board approved a plan to cut $56 million from the district's budget by June. [CBS4]
- Robert Ward was given $175,000 by the County to open Subway sandwich shops in Overtown, but pretty much just spent it on himself. [NBC6]
- Years ago UM came down on their student newspaper for interviewing Peaches, the electroclash artist of "Fuck the Pain Away" fame. Now, apparently its cool that they run interviews with a male porn star who's been with over 2,500 female partners on screen. It's cool though, because he's an alumnus. [Hurricane]
- Maybe some of his videos were on former Department of Juvenile Justice executive Gus Barreiro's laptop. [CBS4]
- That racist Republican lady up in Tampa Bay who doesn't understand the email said she wanted a second chance, but the Party Chairman was just like "LOL, No." [Herald]
- A kitten and a baby pig. [ICHCB]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Trio Who Stole 150 Pigeons From Kendale Lakes Farm Sought By Police
Tue., May 26, 6:35 p.m.
Wed., May 27, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., May 28, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 29, 1 p.m.
- All Aboard Florida Trips Between Miami and Orlando Will Cost About $143
- Teen Girl Asks Cop If She Can Keep a Little Bit of the Pot He Found on Her