- The President of the United States was in town last night, here's what he did:
- Was greeted by both protesters and supporters... [SoFlTimes]
- ...Including Kendrick Meek, Dan Gelber, Alex Sink and Manny Diaz. [NakedPolitics]
- Rallied the democratic base at a fundraiser. [Herald]
- And raised nearly $1.5 million. [FoxNews]
- The Delano hotel will not give you much of a discount, because they are training you, the hotel consumer, not to expect to pay less even when the economy is good. [Herald]
- Everyone hates Mayor Manny Diaz now, apparently, and because Joe Sanchez is not one of those haters he will not be your next mayor. [Herald]
- Former Dolphin Bob Griese was suspended by ESPN for remarking that a Hispanic race car driver enjoys eating tacos. That is pretty embarrassing, but for the sake of his and his family's safety at least he wasn't suspended for getting involved in a "Fatal Attraction" with a 23 year-old production assistant like they have a habit of doing over at ESPN. [CBS4]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Poll: Floridians Chill With Gay Marriage, Almost Ready for Medical Marijuana
- Miami-Dade Gained 21,000 New Residents Last Year, but Broward and Palm Beach Are...
- Artist Posts Flyers Around Wynwood For "Lost Art," but Gallery Says He's Full Of It
- Miami Skyline Featured on Jacksonville Jaguars' Draft Hat