- Alberto Carvalho, the guy who the school board wants as the next superintendent, might have been boffing a former Herald education reporter, or he might be the innocent victim of a smear campaign. Officially this is now the most overly dramatic superintendent saga ever. [Herald]
- A High School football coach took a gun from a student who had pulled it out during a fight. Well, that's good. Then he gave the gun back and let the kid escape. Oh, that's bad. [Herald]
- Another football coach in Coral Springs was arrested for dealing coke. [WSVN]
- McCain's statewide lead over Obama continues to grow. Riptide continues to be baffled by all the Palin love. [Naked Politics]
- No one cares about hurricanes after they miss us, but Ike could be one of the biggest storms to hit Texas in a long time. [CBS 4]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.