- Alberto Carvalho, the guy who the school board wants as the next superintendent, might have been boffing a former Herald education reporter, or he might be the innocent victim of a smear campaign. Officially this is now the most overly dramatic superintendent saga ever. [Herald]
- A High School football coach took a gun from a student who had pulled it out during a fight. Well, that's good. Then he gave the gun back and let the kid escape. Oh, that's bad. [Herald]
- Another football coach in Coral Springs was arrested for dealing coke. [WSVN]
- McCain's statewide lead over Obama continues to grow. Riptide continues to be baffled by all the Palin love. [Naked Politics]
- No one cares about hurricanes after they miss us, but Ike could be one of the biggest storms to hit Texas in a long time. [CBS 4]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.