- Forget the ethical, legal, political, and human concerns that would arise if the embargo on Cuba were lifted. How would it benefit me economically? [Reuters]
- If you have a bunch of umbilical cords taking up space in your closet, South Miami Hospital now has a donation bank. [Herald]
- The Venetian Causeway has been reopened. Oh, how I missed it so. [TransitMiami]
- North Miami residents have the fun of a run-off election today to choose their new Mayor! [CBS4]
- Well, of course tourism numbers were down, but hotels in Miami-Dade did better than the rest of this crummy state. [Herald]
- Charlie Crist officially signed the bill that will raise college tuition by 15 percent each year. Let's see if that'll come up in the election. [CBS4]
- Commissioners will vote today on a fire fee hike. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Erika Now Projected To Miss South Florida
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys