- Obama and McCain are both coming back to the Sunshine State. Obama wants to remind us to vote early, and McCain wants to talk about Joe the Plumber again. [Herald]
- Local 10 says the race is tied in Florida. [Local 10]
- But Real Clear Politics still shows a small lead for Obama, and McCain hasn't been up in more than a week. [RCP]
- The battle to represent Cuba ... er ... Miami in Congress isn't even about Cuba anymore. It's the economy, stupid. [Herald]
- With age comes wisdom: Interview with a 100-year-old voter. [EyeOnMiami]
- Voter march for Amendment 8. [CBS4]
- 30 Florida counties are going to ignore state suggestions on how to deal with "no match". [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Miami Developer to Give Gov. Rick Scott Environmentalist Award
Sat., Aug. 1, 5:35pm
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
- Luther Campbell: "This Book Is Just a Reflection of Me"
- Luther Campbell on the Rise of 2 Live Crew