- Gerald Posner speaks about the ol' coke days of Miami past: "You could go to a dentist and pay him with an eightball. You could rent a boat with cocaine. It sounds like a bad movie, but it's true." [WSJ]
- The Miami Hurricanes easily defeated the FAMU Rattlers in a game of college football. It was then decided the Canes are now the ninth best college footballing team in the nation. They have future games scheduled where they'll have to prove they are indeed worthy of that ranking. [AP]
- Dan Gelber and Dave Aronberg, both Democratic candidates for attorney general, squared off in a debate. [Herald]
- A no-kill animal shelter that's been in business for more than three decades will close its doors in the coming weeks. [CBS4]
- A man drove to a Miami-Dade Police station with a dead body in his car to turn himself in. [CBS4]
- At least someone is still buying newspapers. [CBS4]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.