- Former Senate President Jim King died this weekend after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He had been a lawmaker for more than 23 years. Perhaps King's highest-profile moment came when the Republican senator successfully opposed Gov. Jeb Bush in the Terri Schiavo case. [FTU]
- It's been a bad month for the former owner of Windjammer Cruises. His old house (that castle in Miami Beach) burned down a week and half ago, and now one of his sons is dead. [CBS4]
- I don't know what a "disco stick" is, but I do know what a tickle stick is, and lobster mini-season kicks off this Wednesday. [CBS4]
- A woman drowned in a South Miami-Dade lake late Sunday. [Herald]
- A North Miami-Dade lady returned from a two-week trip to find her husband dead. [CBS4]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.