- Sarah Palin's private emails were hacked into. Kind of petty and silly, but she might have been using the account to evade trasnparancy and accountability standards. That being said, the hackers found nothing of much interest. [Telegraph]
- Taxpayer money went for posters that could be beneficial to U.S. Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart's reelection campaign. This of course comes a day after he attacked his opponent, Joe Garcia, over ethics issues. [Herald]
- "A woman strolling up U.S. 441 Thursday morning wearing nothing but a sheet was critically injured when she stepped in front of a pickup truck." The Herald is on a roll this week with these stories that would be kind of funny if someone didn't end up getting hit by a car. [Herald]
- McCain and Obama's camps got drawn into a scuffle involving Lindsay Lohan. I am glad they are finally addressing the important issues. [NBC 6]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Three of America's Worst Traffic Bottlenecks Are in Miami
- North Beach Plots Future After Rejecting Luxury Condo Plan On Ocean Terrace
- Marlins Man Spreads Good Karma: "My Goal Is to Get Other People to Do Good"