- The Miami-Dade State Attorney's Office decided the cops who pulled their guns on an innocent University of Miami student during his first day of school did nothing criminal. However, the student's parents want the officers suspended. [Herald]
- Commissioner Dennis Moss handed out raises to close aides hours after the mayor warned that the county isn't in such great financial shape. [Herald]
- The gambling deal reached by Governor Crist and the Seminoles excludes the possibility for slot machines at Miami International Airport. [NakedPolitics]
- A UM student's research shows that drinkers are more likely to work out than non-drinkers. Of course it was UM that undertook this study. [NBCMiami]
- A Miami day-care center is being sued by a young girl's parents, who claim she was forced to perform sex acts on a teenager. [CBS4]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.