- Dan Gelber is officially in the Senate race. Will his Miami Beach values play in other parts of Florida? Probably not, and the democrats will end up nominating Hugh Rodham again, anyway. [CBS4]
- Commissioner Joe Sanchez is expected to formally announce he's running for mayor of City of Miami. [JustNews]
- House Speaker Ray Sansom is going to be investigated by a Grand Jury. [Herald]
- It could get into the 40s by the weekend. [Herald]
- Madoff's Florida home got TP'ed. [NBC6]
- Some of the dirtiest hotels in South Florida, so you can tell people you secretly hate where to stay. [CBS4]
- 20 times worse than those Sasha and Malia dolls, someone is peddling a Caylee Anthony doll. [CBS4]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Florida Woman Tries to Hire Hitman to Kill Homeless Man Who Gave Her Grandkids Lice
Thu., Sep. 3, 6:35pm
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
- Erika, Most Confusing Storm Ever, Still Aiming at Miami
- Former Hurricane Brett Romberg Calls Jonathan Martin "a Piece of Garbage"