- Vice President Biden tried to butter up reps from the biggest union in all the land, AFL-CIO, so they'd support the stimulus bill during a meeting in Miami Beach yesterday. [AP]
- He also announced $8.4 billion from the stimulus package will benefit transportation, and called the Miami Intermodal Center "the wave of the future." [CBS News]
- Employees at Stanford Financial Miami branch, the company owned and operated by ponzi-schemer Allen Stanford (who does not deserve to be called sir), came back to work one last time to clean out their stuff. [NBC6]
- Potential Marlins stadium swing vote Michelle Spence-Jones wanted a little something, something for her district before voting yes on the plan. Maybe she feels she got that something, something. [Herald]
- US Sec. of Education Arne Duncan will be in town today. [Herald]
- A $410 billion federal omnibus spending bill is being held up thanks to language that would ease some elements of US-Cuba policy. [Naked Politics]
- Ileana and the Diaz-Balarts were 3 of the 7 republicans in the House who voted for the housing bill. [Naked Politics]
- State legislatures will get a chance to really get into Charlie Crist's budget today, dig around in there, and find out if it is an actually viable proposal. [SPTimes]
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!