- A Super Cab driver was shot in a burglary attempt early this morning. He's recovering at Jackson Memorial. [CBS4]
- A venomous lionfish was caught off the coast of Miami. They're not very big, but their habit of eating everything makes them a threat to ecosystems. [Herald]
- The neighborhood surrounding the old Orange Bowl site (and new Marlins stadium) has been cited as the third most violent neighborhood in America. [NBCMiami]
- CBS4's and the Herald's attempt to unseal the arrest affidavit of the Cat Killer suspect will go in front of a judge this afternoon. [CBS4]
- House sales are up for the ninth consecutive month; too bad most of the houses have been reduced to a selling price of about two dollars. [Herald]
- Chris Matthews thinks Marco Rubio is an idiot who shouldn't be allowed to tweet or own a gun. [NakedPolitics]
- Jeb Bush has yet to choose sides in the Senate primary, but he's already raising money for governor-wannabe Bill McCullom. [Buzz]
- Mike Huckabee is "disgusted" by anyone who likes Charlie Crist. [NakedPolitics]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Marco Rubio on Cecil the Lion: "But What About Abortion?"
- Dolphins Bring Back Old Logo and Throwback Uniforms for One Game
- Hillary Clinton to Speak at FIU on Friday (She's Just Not Sure If You're Invited or Not)