- A former confidant of ex-county Commissioner Barbara Carey-Shuler claims that in the '90s, she accepted kickbacks from developers. [Herald]
- Tomas Regalado is apparently the "underdog" in the mayoral race, though I'm pretty sure by most measures he's doing just as well as or better than Joe Sanchez. [CBS4]
- Police are looking for a cargo van driver who dumped a body in Southwest Miami-Dade. [CBS4]
- Beginning at midnight, police can pull you over simply for not wearing a seatbelt. How cops are going to catch body dumpers while they're so busy nabbing nefarious seatbelt ignorers, I'm not sure. [CBS4]
- A former Dolphins cheerleader has filed a paternity suit against the owner of the Versace mansion. [NBCMiami]
- In other cheerleader news, FIU's squad got wet and soapy to save its program. [NBCMiami]
- North Miami Beach Police nabbed a serial robber. [CBS4]
- A Miami teen is credited with inventing "popsy cake," which just sounds adorable. [NBCMiami]
- Miami Police shot a machete-wielding man. [CBS4]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
Tue., April 28, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., April 30, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident