- Yesterday we broke some sort of heat record, and today we may do it again. [CBS4]
- Our five favorite congressmen (Wasserman Schultz, Meek, Ros-Lehtinen, and the Diaz-Balarts) will be heading off to meet with the president of Haiti. [USAToday]
- You know those charter schools that some politicians think are the future of education in America? Well, apparently a lot of them aren't even performing as well as public schools. And, well, that's not very good at all. [CBS4]
- Guns shipped out of Miami seem to be fueling Jamaica's gang wars. [AP]
- So the police officer who shot and killed a Miami Beach tourist for reasons that are unclear, is also the guy who shot and killed the taxi hijacker. He's currently on administrative leave. [CBS4]
- Sentencing for the remaining defendants in the Liberty City Seven case will be delayed until September. [AP]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.