- In Miami Beach, a police officer shot and killed Husien Shehada, suspecting he had a gun. Then the cop arrested his brother, but family and friends think the reasoning doesn't line up. [Herald]
- A class-action lawsuit filed in Miami asks that "phantom fees" be returned to Bernie Madoff's victims. [SFBJ]
- OK, the alleged cat killer actually had his bail set at $250,000 and is on suicide watch. [CBS4]
- But hey, at least there's a Facebook group devoted to freeing him. [CBS4]
- State Rep. Marcelo Llorente is pulling out of a three-way primary race for state Senate and refocusing his political ambitions to run for Miami-Dade mayor in 2012. [NakedPolitics]
- Donte' Stallworth has reached a financial settlement with the family of his victim and will plead guilty to DUI manslaughter. [AP]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.