- In Miami Beach, a police officer shot and killed Husien Shehada, suspecting he had a gun. Then the cop arrested his brother, but family and friends think the reasoning doesn't line up. [Herald]
- A class-action lawsuit filed in Miami asks that "phantom fees" be returned to Bernie Madoff's victims. [SFBJ]
- OK, the alleged cat killer actually had his bail set at $250,000 and is on suicide watch. [CBS4]
- But hey, at least there's a Facebook group devoted to freeing him. [CBS4]
- State Rep. Marcelo Llorente is pulling out of a three-way primary race for state Senate and refocusing his political ambitions to run for Miami-Dade mayor in 2012. [NakedPolitics]
- Donte' Stallworth has reached a financial settlement with the family of his victim and will plead guilty to DUI manslaughter. [AP]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.