- The woman who set herself on fire died from her injuries. [AP]
- Pitbull is getting the key to the City of Miami. [Herald]
- Alex Sink is trailing Bill McCollum by four points in the latest Q poll. [Herald]
- Hurricane Bill is a Category 4; thankfully it'll probably just wander around in the ocean before fizzling out somewhere near Canada. [CBS4]
- Charlie Crist was in Miami yesterday and had a wonderful chat with a possible Senate placeholder, attorney Bobby Martinez. [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Facebook Killer Derek Medina Found Guilty
- St. Louis Rams Player Stedman Bailey Expected to Survive After Drive-By Shooting in...
- With Beckham's Little Havana Stadium Just About Dead, Overtown Could Be Next