- Some of the bodies of victims of the capsized boat coming from Haiti two weeks ago remain unidentified, but the local Haitian community is making sure they all get proper funerals. [LATimes]
- Did anyone expect a business deal between an "aspiring movie star" on Miami Beach and Scott Storch to go well? Storch now owes the "actor" $750,000. [ContactMusic]
- A decision to allow a Confederate group to march in a Veteran's day parade in Homestead may lead to the parade's cancellation. [SFLTimes]
- The Dalai Lama has donated $100,000 to help save FIU's religious studies program. Yes, you read that right: The Dalai Lama. [CBS4]
- About 447 people were arrested during Urban Beach Week, which is about the same amount as last year. [CBS4]
- Dolphins player Randy Starks got pulled over by a policeman on Ocean Drive over the weekend, but didn't stop. So his slow moving truck pinned the policeman into another vehicle. He's being charged with aggravated assault. [Herald]
- So, Canes Baseball didn't get to host a regional, and they'll be playing as the second seed in Gainesville for the first round of the big tournament. Will they be able to rename it Canesville? [Herald]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Erika Now Projected To Miss South Florida
Fri., Sep. 4, 11:30am
Fri., Sep. 4, 6:35pm
Sat., Sep. 5, 11:30am
Sat., Sep. 5, 7:00pm
- Miami's Latin Builders Association Calls Donald Trump "Repugnant," Pulls Gala From His...
- Micky Arison Teases Internet With Miami Vice-Style Heat Jerseys