- Some of the bodies of victims of the capsized boat coming from Haiti two weeks ago remain unidentified, but the local Haitian community is making sure they all get proper funerals. [LATimes]
- Did anyone expect a business deal between an "aspiring movie star" on Miami Beach and Scott Storch to go well? Storch now owes the "actor" $750,000. [ContactMusic]
- A decision to allow a Confederate group to march in a Veteran's day parade in Homestead may lead to the parade's cancellation. [SFLTimes]
- The Dalai Lama has donated $100,000 to help save FIU's religious studies program. Yes, you read that right: The Dalai Lama. [CBS4]
- About 447 people were arrested during Urban Beach Week, which is about the same amount as last year. [CBS4]
- Dolphins player Randy Starks got pulled over by a policeman on Ocean Drive over the weekend, but didn't stop. So his slow moving truck pinned the policeman into another vehicle. He's being charged with aggravated assault. [Herald]
- So, Canes Baseball didn't get to host a regional, and they'll be playing as the second seed in Gainesville for the first round of the big tournament. Will they be able to rename it Canesville? [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
Tue., April 28, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., April 30, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident