- Are the Marlins getting ready to fire manager Freddi Gonzalez? Seems like it, even though the team finished with its third best record ever, with a pitiful payroll. [NBCMiami]
- Homestead is gearing up for its first art gallery walk. Every town has them now, so why not Homestead? [Herald]
- Florida has its first Powerball winner. Unfortunately it's not me; it's someone from Orlando. [Herald]
- Maybe the winner will pack his bags and head to Cuba, because apparently travel between the countries is flourishing. [Herald]
- A man was injured after his propane meat smoker blew up. This is why I always buy my propane and propane accessories at Strickland Propane. They won't sell you a faulty meat smoker, no sir. [CBS4]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.