- The VA hospital, which might have accidentally exposed some of its patients to infectious diseases, gave itself a clean bill of health in January. [Herald]
- In some Homestead zip codes, as many as 25 percent of the houses are in foreclosure. The AP says it is the biggest disaster to hit the area since Hurricane Andrew. [AP]
- Henry Johnson, a former Miami Beach planner, is heading to jail for taking bribes. [Herald]
- The Miami Heat just got straight-up embarrassed by the Chicago Bulls, 106-87 [PBPost]
- Serena Williams is the WTA Player of the Year. [FoxSports]
- What is that stench? Oh, Paris Hilton is back in town, with a new boyfriend in tow. [GG]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.