- The VA hospital, which might have accidentally exposed some of its patients to infectious diseases, gave itself a clean bill of health in January. [Herald]
- In some Homestead zip codes, as many as 25 percent of the houses are in foreclosure. The AP says it is the biggest disaster to hit the area since Hurricane Andrew. [AP]
- Henry Johnson, a former Miami Beach planner, is heading to jail for taking bribes. [Herald]
- The Miami Heat just got straight-up embarrassed by the Chicago Bulls, 106-87 [PBPost]
- Serena Williams is the WTA Player of the Year. [FoxSports]
- What is that stench? Oh, Paris Hilton is back in town, with a new boyfriend in tow. [GG]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.