- A Miami Lakes special needs teacher was found guilty of abuse for spiking an autistic student's soda with hot sauce to teach him a lesson. [AP]
- Mel Martinez made good on his promise to return to private law practice and will be a partner at a Tampa law firm. [Tribune]
- Miami Beach mayoral candidate Joshua LaRose has been disqualified from the race after bouncing a check written to the city. [Herald]
- Fifty-three percent of adults in Hialeah lack health insurance. [Herald]
- The county has begun removing Australian pine trees along the Rickenbacker Causeway, which is proving controversial among those who like the invasive tree. [Herald]
- It looks like Oklahoma's Heisman-winning QB Sam Bradford won't be back in time for the Miami game, but redshirt freshman Landry Jones seems to be doing just fine. [ESPN]
Recommended For You
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!