- The race-based deal for the Marlins Stadium has crumbled before our eyes. [SFLTimes]
- USA Today notices that San Francisco, Miami, Minneapolis or Cleveland may soon be without a daily newspaper. This is sad because then they'll have to read USA Today. There's always the fine Village Voice Media products in three of those cities. [USA Today]
- A bunch of cruise ship execs got together in Miami to discuss the state of their industry. Like every other industry, it's not so good. [Crusie Critic]
- An off duty Palm Beach deputy shot and killed a would-be mugger on South Beach. [PBPost]
- The Museum of Latin American Art in Long Beach, Ca. choose a former MAM director as its new president. [LATimes]
- The State is actually acting on its idle threat to close "F" schools. [JustNews]
- Grumpy Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn just took a $3.5 million earmark out of a bill that would foot the bill for the 450th birthday bash of St. Augusting. [NakedPolitics]
- Miami FC will announce its future plans sometime today. [Herald]
- In his entire career, Dwyane Wade has never played an entire regular season. Not once. He just has to play 16 more games to rack up the stat, but minor injuries could prove a problem. That stat would be nice, but we're so close to clinching a playoff birth, and we wouldn't want him worn out for the post-season. [Herald]
- Notre Dame is interested in renewing its Grid Iron rivalry with the Canes. In 1988 it was "Catholics vs Convicts," in 2010/11 would it be "Has Beens vs Super Has Beens?" [Herald]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
Tue., April 28, 6:35 p.m.
Thu., April 30, 6:35 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6 p.m.
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident