- The Archdiocese of Miami has finalized plans to close 13 Catholic churches in Miami-Dade and Broward, owing in part to the recession. [Herald]
- The season's first hurricane, named Bill, took shape in the Atlantic, though it seems to not have its eye on Miami. Tropical Storm Ana, on the other hand... [Herald]
- A father was found murdered in his North Miami home, and his 2-year-old daughter with special needs was missing. However, the girl was found safe Sunday. [CBS4]
- Sam Silvasteen, AKA rapper P-Man Sam, was gunned down and killed in his car on the Turnpike. [NBCMiami]
- A Yorkshire terrier that went missing in Dallas two months ago somehow found its way to Biscayne Boulevard in Miami. [NBCMiami]
- In the first month of Florida's experimental python-hunting season, 11 snakes have been captured. [JustNews]
- Sad newspeople from WSVN and WPLG are arguing on Twitter over who broke news of the Turnpike shooting. You know, a guy is dead. Does it really matter who tweeted it first? [SFLTV]
Recommended For You
If you like this story, consider signing up for our email newsletters.
SHOW ME HOW
You have successfully signed up for your selected newsletter(s) - please keep an eye on your mailbox, we're movin' in!