- Fidel Castro is reportedly on his deathbed, and these reports are more sound than the one Perez Hilton posted last year. [Herald]
- Some thieves drove to the Village of Merrick Park, smashed their car into the Gucci store window, grabbed everything in sight, and took off. Police are on the lookout for four men who love Gucci and like to back their rear end into things. [CBS4]
- Two mothers have decided to stage hunger strikes over the proposed education cuts. [CBS4]
- Fins Assistant Coach Todd Bowles might be given the chance to bring some turnaround magic to the 0-15 Lions. [Freep]
- This little, little man who worked in the civil rights division of Bush's Justice Department was found to have made politically motivated hires and said shit like, "Perhaps the Division will name an award for me or something. How about
the Brad Schlozman Award for Most Effectively Breaking the Will of
Liberal Partisan Bureaucrats." [NPR]
- This tidbit out of the Tennessee state House is the most hilarious political thing to happen since the Ron Paul campaign. [NashPost]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Court Rules Michael Pizzi Should Be Reinstated as Mayor of Miami Lakes
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- 305 Is One of the Most In-Demand Area Codes in the Country
- DJ Laz Won't Face Criminal Charges Over Deadly Nixon Sandbar Boat Accident