- "Presidential candidates John McCain and Barack Obama issued a joint statement Wednesday night in which they said the American people are facing a moment of economic crisis." Which is just about as obvious as Clay Aiken issuing a statement that he's gay. We know, but thanks for confirming. Both candidates will meet with the President and congressional letters to try and find a solution. [Sun-Sentinel]
- The Arsht Center turned a $1 million profit for its summer season. [Herald]
- Michael Hernandez was found guilty in the Southwood Middle School killing as an adult. The jury didn't buy the insanity defense. [Sun-Sentinel]
- Some Broward School employees got overpaid this week. Official grew suspicious when they heard some workers talking about crazy things like how this week they were able to make ends meet and afford a night out. [Herald]
- Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen got her hair did. She thinks she's not looking too good. [Naked Politics]
- The Herald's website got a make over. We think it's looking good.[Herald]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.