- Some guy hijacked a taxi on Alton, then drove west up the eastbound lanes of the MacArthur Causeway. Police shot him. He's dead. The road was shut down. [SunSent]
- The Herald and CBS4 are so hungry for Cat Killer fodder that they've sued to get sealed information about the arrest released. [Herald]
- The state found Medicare is paying for loads of equipment in Miami-Dade that doesn't actually exist. This is called fraud, and they will crack down on it. [SFBJ]
- Who will sit on the Miami Beach City council next November and do they enjoy a good game of musical chairs? [The Lead]
- The family of the Miami's first swine flu victim says he was a healthy boy who didn't have asthma. [NBC6]
- Convicted manslaughterer Donte Stallworth has been suspended by the Browns indefinitely. [AP]
Get the Weekly Newsletter
Our weekly feature stories, movie reviews, calendar picks and more - minus the newsprint and sent directly to your inbox.
- Car Insurance in Miami-Dade Is 54 Percent More Expensive Than the Rest of Florida
Fri., May 1, 6:35 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 1 p.m.
Sat., May 2, 5:35 p.m.
Sun., May 3, 1:05 p.m.
- Marco Rubio: Gay Marriage Civil Rights Cases Are "Ridiculous and Absurd"
- Dolphins Are Probably Trying to Trade Draft Bust Dion Jordan