- Some guy hijacked a taxi on Alton, then drove west up the eastbound lanes of the MacArthur Causeway. Police shot him. He's dead. The road was shut down. [SunSent]
- The Herald and CBS4 are so hungry for Cat Killer fodder that they've sued to get sealed information about the arrest released. [Herald]
- The state found Medicare is paying for loads of equipment in Miami-Dade that doesn't actually exist. This is called fraud, and they will crack down on it. [SFBJ]
- Who will sit on the Miami Beach City council next November and do they enjoy a good game of musical chairs? [The Lead]
- The family of the Miami's first swine flu victim says he was a healthy boy who didn't have asthma. [NBC6]
- Convicted manslaughterer Donte Stallworth has been suspended by the Browns indefinitely. [AP]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you'll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.