- Joe Cool 2: The Teenage Trial begins today. [AP]
- Ft. Lauderdale holds its local elections today. Mayor Jim Naugle is not running for re-election. 18 years of public service and he'll always be the dude who complained about gay toilet sex. What a legacy. [NBC6]
- Randy Shannon picked NC assistant John Lovett as UM's new defensive coordinator. Lovett, do you love it? [Sporting News]
- A man was convicted for his part in a shady check cashing scheme. [SFBJ]
- Miami Circle was designated as a National Historic Landmark. Alas, there's a bunch of ugly condos and motels around it. [NBC6]
- A-Rod is super sorry about taking steroids, ya'll. Sometimes you just crack under the pressure. He is like Britney Spears, basically. [Herald]
- Oh, but here he is on 60 minutes in 2007 swearing up and down he never juiced. [Unfair Park]
Get the This Week's Top Stories Newsletter
Every week we collect the latest news, music and arts stories — along with film and food reviews and the best things to do this week — so that you’ll never miss Miami New Times' biggest stories.
- Luther Campbell: "This Book Is Just a Reflection of Me"
Sat., Aug. 1, 5:35pm
Sun., Aug. 2, 1:05pm
Tue., Aug. 4, 6:35pm
Wed., Aug. 5, 6:35pm
- Luther Campbell on the Rise of 2 Live Crew
- Poll: Florida's Senate Race Is Still a Wide-Open Mess