- Manny Diaz sent letters to a hundred Miami Police officers informing them they'd be let go unless the police union agrees to pay cuts. [Herald]
- Doctors at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine were able to use a portion of a woman's tooth to restore her eyesight. [ABCNews]
- Yet another Miami teen has been accused of trying to kill animals. Eighteen-year-old Luis Miguel Cordero allegedly asked a man to help him kill two horses. At least 17 horses have been slaughtered in the area this year. [Herald]
- Miami-Dade has spent more money lobbying the federal government this year than any other county in the nation. In fact, only Puerto Rico and Pennsylvania have spent more on lobbying. [Herald]
- Friends and family of the suspect in the Coral Gables High stabbing come to the teen's defense. However, he has already admitted to his role in the murder. [CBS4]
- Meanwhile, Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen is trying to make arrangements for the victim's mother, who lives in Cuba, to come to the United States to attend the boy's funeral. [CBS4]
Get the ICYMI: Today's Top Stories Newsletter Our daily newsletter delivers quick clicks to keep you in the know
Catch up on the day's news and stay informed with our daily digest of the most popular news, music, food and arts stories in Miami, delivered to your inbox Monday through Friday.